Thursday, April 23, 2009

The biggest

The past week or so, I've been saying the following phrase: "That's the biggest (fill in animal or bug) I've ever seen!"

They grow 'em big here in the Himalayas. First was the biggest monkey I've ever seen while eating lunch on Sunday a few weeks ago. This massive langour (the nice, grey ones) runs by and climbs up a house. At the same place this past week, I saw the biggest bee I've ever seen. You know those old Sally Jesse Raphael show where they would show massively obese people compared to average people? Imagine a normal, fuzzy bumblebee, then think of a massively obese bumblebee. Like a little, flying black and yellow tank.

The other day, I saw the biggest spider I've ever seen, in my house. I sat down in the bathroom (we're all very comfortable talking about this process at this school) and noticed a spider hiding behind the pipe underneath my sink. It wasn't hiding very well. Like if I tried to hide under a desk, its legs were sticking out. This thing was huge. Probably about the diameter of my pinky finger and then some. Paralyzed with fear (and on the toilet, so unable to move anyway), I yelped when it scurried away to another location in my house. I only hope my ayah killed it.

1 comment:

  1. oh my! what an adventure. I would have gotten off the toilet and would be running around my house half naked if I saw a spider that close to me... :) ok, maybe too much information on my part!

    ReplyDelete