Monday, April 20, 2009

Next Food Network Star?

I can't explain it.  I've only really had one success when it comes to cooking here in India.  And that's grilled cheese.  I've never been much of a grilled cheeser before, but now I'm hooked.  It started by accidentally buying a huge block of cheese and not knowing what to do with it.  Now, I go through a block every 2 weeks.  Here are my variations so far:

1. With sauteed onions
2. With sauteed onions and garlic
3. With sauteed onions and apples
4. With regular cheese, bleu cheese, and sauteed onions and apples
5. With sauteed onions, garlic, and fried bacon (The bacon here is ham, people!  HAM!)
6. My dream and THE supreme grown-up grilled cheese recipe that would overflow the bounds of the bread and taste buds- regular cheese, bleu cheese, bacon, apples, onions, and garlic

All of these use a ton of butter and brown bread.

Man, I need to start learning how to cook Indian food.

2 comments:

  1. Brie cheese, green apple and really deep caramelized onion = one of the best combos ever.

    You and me and some skyping = even better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. please when you come back, can you make your special sandwiches for me??? :)

    ReplyDelete