Saturday, May 16, 2009

Very different questions

I had a lesson yesterday in my Intro to Christianity class about the differences between Catholics and Protestants.  Here are some questions I was asked:

"If a priest is giving last rites and the dying person chokes to death on the wafer, do they still go to Heaven?"

"So, let's say that a priest is hearing confession and someone confesses to murdering the priest's wife (I explained why this couldn't happen)-  Okay, his son then (I explained why this couldn't happen)- Okay, his sister.  Would he kick the guy's butt?"

"Is suicide the same sin as murder?"

Not only such a quick switch from the absurd to the serious, but pretty hard to answer all of them.  Five more classes to go before exams!  I'm going to miss this class.

1 comment:

  1. When I was on the bus today, one of the kids asks, "Did you know that July 4th is Independence Day?" I say yes. I ask him if he knows who we were trying to be independent from.

    "...Christopher Columbus?"

    Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete