Saturday, March 14, 2009

Boom, boom, shake, shake now drop.

So, tonight was the talent show I've been working with the past few weeks.  I wasn't even supposed to be doing anything, but I filled in for another teacher to supervise and judge the auditions and just stuck with it.  The show itself was good.  The stage crew didn't know what transitions were, the skits weren't that funny, and the seniors went way too long with their "surprise" that was also kind of lame.  Man, I hope no students find this blog...

On the bright side, there were some great acts.  My favorites made it in the show and did really well.  Some of the kids are really talented and worked really hard to prepare for their songs and dance.  The quirkiest act was a band who dedicated their song to the senior class, then sang "1985."  I leaned over to my coworker and asked, "Weren't most of the seniors born in 1991?"

After the show, I stayed behind to help clean up with the junior class.  After cleaning up, all the juniors got on stage and all of my coworkers supervising the show joined them for a group picture.  Then I realized that all my coworkers that were present were junior class advisors.  So, being that I am currently a 10th grade advisor, that means I get to do this all over again next year.

Joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment