Sunday, March 1, 2009

Glorious weekends are so glorious.

After the never-ending Friday (last post), I ended up sleeping 11 hours.  It was much needed.  After much needed lounging around the house playing much needed mind-numbing computer games, I went to a much needed bonfire down by the dorms.  Well, I suppose any recreation would have done, but the bonfire was nice.  A little bit of Coke and fenny (a nasty coconut liquor they make in Goa- More than the two drops I put in my Coke, and I would have possibly gone blind), and some good conversation were exactly what I needed.  
This morning (Sunday), I headed off to church a bit late.  On the way there, I noticed that it was an especially clear day, and the huge mountains of the Himalayas were clearly visible off in the distance.  Ignoring my watch (not that I have one), I stopped to take pictures.  I don't have the greatest camera, but I don't think the nicest one in the world can do this place justice.  Those of you who know me know that I'm no nature freak, but this view honestly gave me goosebumps.  After church, I strolled over to Char Dukan, the little string of restaurants on the top of the hill often visited by the students.  There I enjoyed a great bun omlette and some pleasant conversation.  On the way back home I took a different way, enjoying the view, the rich people's homes, and a few monkeys climbing up a verdant, green hill (normally I hate them, but they were far enough away to be cute).  
Upon arrival home, I washed a ton of clothes.  Getting creative, I lit my bukhare and hung my wet clothes all around it.
Sitting down on the couch, I ate some waiwai and watched my clothes steam, very satisfied.
Ah, what a great weekend that was.

No comments:

Post a Comment