Friday, February 27, 2009

These are the times that try men's souls...

Oh, Thomas Paine, you've never made more common sense than when you wrote that.  I had a day like that today.  Not unlucky, or bad, or anything like that.  Just trying.  When everything inside of you just is ready to break.  A messy mixture of exhaustion, being around people more than I'm used to, and things just being so far away from what I am comfortable with.  I came home from work at 10PM tonight, after a day of nonstop classes, a 2 hour break at school, and a 4-hour trip to a restaurant in town with the entire 10th grade class.  On the way back, I stumbled across some 9th graders playing a game for their class night (counting my blessings, I'm not camping with 14 year olds tonight).  As they were trying to hide, I heard one of them hiss, "Will you guys just shut the f*** up!?!"  Sigh.  Didn't need that.  In the door, shirt off, pants off, comfortable clothes on, and chug of Mountain Dew (if I were only a drinking man).  See my Bible on my kitchen table, grab it and say aloud, "Save me!"  
It's been a while since I've been at the end of my rope like this.  Not stressed, not upset, not angry.  Tried.

I'd say I've earned a weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment