Wednesday, February 4, 2009

First post!

I'm sitting here in a chilly middle school library at my new school. For those who don't know, I'm teaching at Woodstock School in Mussoorie, India. I've had insanely busy days so far, and I will be cutting out a lot of the details about those days (you'll just have to talk to me). But, I'm off to a good start, going through orientation. Yesterday, I bought a toaster, a ton(ne) of groceries, and saw my first giant spider (calling him Monstruo).
I've noticed that this place has a sort of small-town feel to it, or what I would imagine a small-town to be like, having never lived in one. When I pass people on my climb to or from school, I get a "good morning" or a "namaste." Everybody's dang friendly and supportive. Just like a small town, minus the drunk 11 year olds and the meth labs.
It is just about time for lunch (the food so far has been excellent), so I have to go. I'll write more later, te lo juro.
Greggie

No comments:

Post a Comment