Saturday, February 21, 2009

Hippie Points

Here's how my day went, taking into account Hippie Points, given for doing something hippieish.

Woke up after 6AM: -2 pts
Washed clothes: 0 pts
By hand: 3 pts
Saw a cow while washing clothes: 1 pt
Wanted to feed the cow a tomato: 2 pts
The tomato was rotten and I didn't give it to the cow: -2 pts
Hung some clothes outside to dry: 1 pt
Contemplated a man-purse to carry stuff to and from the bazaar: 1pt
Spent time outside: 2 pts
Because I was watching students: -2 pts
Bought groceries in a respectable store: -3 pts
Bought produce from a nice Sikh man I know named Siddarji: 3 pts
Didn't order any meat: 3 pts
Because I don't like how meat tastes here: -2 pts
Got my groceries delivered: -1 pt
Went into a touristy store: -1 pt
Went to a Tibetan flea market: 1 pt
Made my dinner from packaged ingredients: -1 pt
Didn't understand Hindi: -1 pt

So, I'm 2 points pro-hippie today, which is WAY too many points for me.  I guess it's the nature of living in India (4 points on the hippie life meter).  I'll just have to go pollute something or wear synthetic materials tomorrow.  For now, I'm off to a bonfire at the house of some Canadians. Crap, 4 more points!

3 comments:

  1. By far, my favorite blog post you've done thus far, just for the sheer detail of this scale you've invented.

    can you guess what I'd say next?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Nimmy. I should also add that there was a hookah present at the bonfire, so 1 more point. If I had smoke it, 3 more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greg.... you knew this was bound to happen sooner or later.

    ReplyDelete