Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Vegging out

Gosh, that title is bad. It's like the title of an episode of a sitcom. Anyways, I've decided that I'm only going to cook vegetarian at home. I made arroz con pollo last night and I was feeling really anxious about the raw meat in my kitchen. That, and the chicken tasted like crap. So, send me your good vegetarian recipes: gregorymiller@woodstock.ac.in
On a separate matter, my first day went fine. I'm still getting a feel of the school and the kids, but I don't predict a ton of problems (famous last words?). I'm also now the middle school volleyball coach. Before you start laughing, remember that I got an A in volleyball, and that really, nobody plays volleyball in India. It's a success if I can get them to hit the ball three times AND have it go over the net.

3 comments:

  1. It's comforting to know your first day was "fine." Firsts are always good, bad, and ugly -- so if it was fine, good for you!

    Although I've played beach volleyball with you and know of your immense commitment to the game -- I still laughed.

    It's great that you're blogging, you have a bunch of followers sending you lots of well wishes and love and... well, now laughter. ;-)

    "Simon"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got a good pasta with peas, grape tomatoes, and basil that I think you'd like. I'll send it your way, homes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's getting hot in India (so hot). Let's play some volleyball.

    My heart leaps for joy in knowing that you teach at a school called Woodstock. In the most loving way possible, I hope you meet someone named Griff.

    ReplyDelete